Seven Heads Ten Horns
The Seven heads are seven kingdoms that ruled over the people of Israel, and tried to harm/destroy them. Each kingdom spanned many years and had multiple kings.
- 1. Egypt (Pharaoh) ... killing of male babies born to Israel.
- 2. Assyria (Sennacherib) ... capture and deportation of Israel.
- 3. Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar) .. capture and deportation of Judah.
- 4. Medes/Persians (Cyrus the Great) ... Haman had a plot to kill all Jews in Persia.
- 5. Greek (Alexander the Great) ... Antiochus IV Epiphanes stopped sacrifice and even sacrificed a pig on the alter.
- 6. Rome (Nero) ... Emperor alive when Jesus was crucified.
- 7. Islam (Muhammad) ... close to 550 Islamic Jihads have occurred since the time of Muhammad.
- 8. Revised-Islam (Anti-Christ)
The ten horns are both easier and harder to define. They are easier in the fact that they seem to be a list of ten kings that exists at the time of the Antichrist. They are harder because its not easy to identify the Antichrist or when he will show his face in this world. One danger all prophecy students face is trying to apply prophecy to the current time period, but yet it has been done since prophecy has been spoken. Those that lived during the time of the writing of Revelation thought that they lived in the end times. There are however several prophecies that have happened in our lifetime that seem to indicate we are close. There are dozens of passages that talk about the return of the Jews to the Holy Land. Israel became a nation in 1948, and it happened overnight. Isaiah 66:8 speaks of this..."Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? As soon as Zion travailed, she also brought forth her sons."
I believe Islam to be the kingdom that will birth the Antichrist, and I also believe we are very close to his coming. I can feel it. The Church can feel it. Israel has gathered, and God is about to move. I admit that the 2nd coming of Christ could happen this day. Or it can also be years, decades, or even centuries away. Regardless, the Bible does specifically mention nations that will come against Israel in the last days. To understand the 10 horns, we must understand the final earthly kingdom. The prophecy of Gog/Magog in Ezekiel 38 mentions a few nations that possibly make up the 10.... Turkey, Iran, Sudan, Libya, and Ethiopia. Numbers also has a prophecy about the Messiah crushing the head of Moab and is found in Numbers 24:17-19. Moab and Edom are present day Jordan. All these nations specifically by Ezekiel are all Islamic.
Nations mentioned specifically in the above prophecies:
Other nations in the region that may fall into the 10 horns:
- Saudi Arabia (I believe Mecca is the Mystery Babylon spoken of in Revelation.